Post by NIKK on Feb 20, 2008 0:55:00 GMT -5
Rules were last modified 8/8/2013 if you have not already please take the time to re read them as they had a re-do. thank you.
- Proboards state that you must be 13 years of age at LEAST, so I hate it for you if you aren't. Breaking this law will be exile to you as soon as I am informed of it. (This is their rules and not ours and we can be deleted for breaking it so please respect this.)
- This is strictly a HORSE role play site; no humans, predators, rabbits, squirrels, or creatures such as that will be permitted. Horses may, however, have ONE raven a piece to be a 'soul partner' as it is in the plot.
- No talking in any size, way, shape, or form of racism, religious cults, or any other thing such as that. However, words are no longer censored, so mild swearing is allowed, but let's not go overboard, okay?
- Here in Ravenhaught, there is no sexual language abuse (i.e. sex talk).
- Please credit art properly if it isn't yours.
- Pictures should be 500 px wide at the most.
- You may have as many characters as you want as long as you are able to keep them all active.
- Power playing is not permitted. This is where you try to control someone else's character without their permission. For example saying 'Nikk walked over to fairy and kicked her so hard in the legs she fell over' this is power playing because your are trying to control someone without giving them a chance to react.
- We do allow liquid time. This means a character can be in one place at one time and at another place another time all at once.
- Though we don't have a word count minimum, please try to post at least enough to give something to work with.
- All characters must be either male(stallion) or female(mare).
- All characters created on site must be created with natural colorations and markings unless otherwise stated.
- Zebras, donkeys, and drafts are allowed and may be bred to create cross-breeds so long as they exist in reality.
- Be sure to await approval before posting IC(in character) with a new character. If you are caught doing otherwise, said horse will be terminated and any threads including them will be deleted.
- Alliances are either Angelic (lights), Possesed (darks), or Desolate (loners). NOTE: you may choose to be 'neutral' if you want.
- All equine must be at least three years of age to breed.
- No graphic breeding. (pm Nikk with any questions you may have on this.)
- If mares are alone and wandering around, a stallion may force breed, never know, there's a lot of creeps out there BUT you must have direct permission from character's player.
- Breeding can occur ANYTIME of the year but mind we try for some realism, so for example, a foal born in the winter may be born with complications or develop illnesses.
- Mares may only breed once per season.
- Stallions may breed two times per season.
- Only staff are permitted to do foaling stats, please note all stats are done through a random process. Therefore we have no control over quantity and gender and you are not permitted to request either. If you would like to become a foal statter, please message Nikk.
- One must post IN CHARACTER during gestation in the Breeding Taverns. Once the thread is complete a staff member will post a date in the Birthing Fields with the topic being the name of the two parents. The date will be a single season (times vary but never more than a month) from the date the thread was complete, and on that day a staff member will administer foal stats.
- Should one not follow these rules, or try to get around it they will receive STILLBIRTH.
- You may fight over many things; lands, mares, freedom, lead, higher rank, etc.
- Rules for the fights must be posted in a post at the start of the fight eg: word limit, who's fighting and for what, weather, ect.
- Only mares and stallions may fight, but if they fight each other please remember stallions realistically have a strength advantage.
- 'Official' fights must be judged by a staff member but 'mock' or practice fights (or even fights that randomly occur) do not necessarily have to be judged unless some prize is involved.
- Official fights are mainly judged by grammar, flow, originality and realistic quality.
- To fight for the queen's position, you must first have it approved by the king of that land.
- All fighting characters will have a two week rest-period after the battle. so they have time to heal, the rp'er can have a small break. This means after someone has fought for land, the winners get TWO WEEKS before a new challenge can be made.
Land Claiming/Challenging Laws
- You can only rule up to 1 alliance land, and up to 2 lands total.
- All alliance kings have sa-so over there kingdom. If they tell you to leave, you leave, if they tell you you are dead then you have died. The only way around this rule is to change alliances or go 'neutral.'
- To claim a land, the character you are claiming the land with must be of the same alliance, and then you simply post a claiming post, and if it is accepted by an admin, then the land is yours.
- To challenge a claim, you just reply to the claim post and 'step up' and challenge the other horse claiming the land. If the claimer wishes to fight, terms will be set and agreed upon, then the actual fight will happen.
- To have a valid challenge you must list the things previously stated and have it posted in a new thread in the land being challenged for. The thread will continue and the fight will not begin until all terms are agreed upon.
- If challenger/challenged can't agree upon their own terms, Nikk will step in with a final set of terms. Failure to abide by those terms will penalize both players.
- Challenges may stand unanswered for up to seven days before the land is forfeited unless the leader has posted an away thread and posted a link to it in their land. Any leave longer than 3 weeks (unless you have a good reason posted in an away post) will be considered MIA and you will lose your land anyway.
- Alliance leaders must stay active, and if an alliance leader has been inactive for over 4 weeks (and haven't posted an away post saying why they are away), they will loose their land.
- Mares and stallions may fight against other mares/stallions to gain a higher rank (or over jealously, stealing foals, etc)
- Mares can adopt foals
- Mares may abandon their foal(s) however if they are still drinking their mothers milk they will die unless they find a adoptive mother.
- Mares can claim a land but must have a supporter. Stallions can claim lands alone.
- Foals can have young loves, but not breed until they are three years old.
- Foals can run away from their mothers, but again if they are still drinking their mothers milk they will die without a adoptive mother
- Foals may not claim lands
- Characters age as so:
Foals age a year every three real life weeks until the age of 2.
Adults age a year every other month.